Work Party Schedule is set – alternating Thursdays and Saturdays [UPDATED]
We decided at our board meeting last night to alternate weeks for our work parties. We’ll decide whether the Bressingham beds or Entrance Bed 1 is where we’ll work, once we are there and see what needs to be done. Bring a hat, water and sunscreen and bring whatever you like to weed with – a hori-hori, or trowel, etc. Also bring a garden fork, a rake, and maybe a shovel and broom.
The next work parties, alternating weeks:
Thursday August 9th, 1-4 PM Saturday August 18th, 8:30-11:30 AM Thursday August 23rd, 1-4 PM Saturday September 1st, 8:30-11:30 AM Thursday September 6th, 1-4 PM Saturday September 15th, 8:30-11:30 AM [UPDATE – CANCELLED – SEE BELOW]
- Thursday, September 20th, 1-4 PM
- Saturday, September 29th, 8:30-11:30 AM
- Thursday October 4th, 1-4 PM
- Saturday, October 13th, 8:30-11:30 AM
- Thursday, October 18th, 1-4 PM
- Saturday, October 27th, 8:80-11:30 AM
- Thursday, November 1st, 1-4 PM
- Saturday, November 10th, 8:30-11:30 AM
- Thursday, November 15th, 1-4 PM
- Saturday, November 24th, 8:30-11:30AM
If it’s a morning work party, we’ll head to Burgermaster afterward for lunch.
The Bressingham beds are near the CUH building, so the nearest parking is near the CUH buildings. Entrance Bed #1 is near the road, so the nearest parking is on 35th NE before the turn into CUH.
- Outdoor Heat Exposure (Heat Stress)”, WAC 296-62-095 under first heading General Rules
- Outdoor Heat Exposure”, WAC 296-307-097 listed for Agriculture under Rules for Specific Workplaces
- Outdoor Heat Exposure Enforcement Procedures”, DOSH Directive 10.15
SPECIAL EVENT – SEPT 15 at CUH
IT’S EASY AS PIE TO VOLUNTEER FOR NAIOP 2012 Community Enhancement Project/SEPT 15/CUH:
· Register w/ NAIOP anytime from 6:30am on
· Registration located north side of NHS Hall
· You or your group will be assigned to one of the 17 work projects throughout CUH grounds and gardens, including UBNA!
· Grab a T-shirt and gloves!
· Public transportation, carpooling, biking… all recommended, as parking may be difficult, especially if you’re not an early bird.
· Community Service Hours honored!
· Breakfast treats and BBQ lunch provided!
Come one, come all and help your CUH take on a fresh new look! Projects include:
· New Stairway from central courtyard to events lawn!!
· New landscape along 41st St planting strip!!
· New gravel along entire length of UBNA loop trail
· New pavers to replace gravel paths in Soest Garden
· 2 newly refurbished hoop houses
· Newly painted sheds
· Invasive weed removal
· Mulching and weeding in Goodfellow Grove
· And MORE!!!!
Comments are closed.